Wednesday, August 5

Movie Review: Dragon Hunter

Dragon Hunter
I had hopes about this movie. I truly did, I looked at the front and a bit of hope that there was one good dragon movie was out there and that I was going to watch it.
That hope was squashed in the first fifteen minutes.
It opened with a scene that was confusing and seemingly had no point, even after you finished it. There were roughly ten minutes of "real" action in a ninety minute "action" movie.
Even with those action minutes they were rough and it was like the person shooting the shot had too much sugar how the camera kept jumping right and left. It made me sink to my stomach. Seriously I didn't feel that well.
The characters were all flawed and cliched in every way that you could possibly think.
In the end my friend and I were both cheering and yelling at the top of our lungs: "DIE!!! DIE!!! DIE!!! FALL OFF A CLIFF! BURN 'M DRAGON!!!" at the actors. Yes, we hated it that much.
Another thing, the actors were bad, they were all trying to be these cool and travel worn people, but ending up making their characters worst.
The dragon was okay, besides the fact that we got our first good look at him in the last five minutes of the film...before he died. *sigh* Why can't people make a good dragon film?

1 comment:

Steve said...

Brightfrost,
I made the terrible movie that you had the opportunity to experience. I thought I would let you know that this film was somewhat of an experiment in genre filmmaking and I was still a sophomore in college and was given a very minuscule budget. So many things went wrong that I won't go into detail explaining them, but I will tell you that the film has done well enough for the distributor to want another. Trust me, I know how bad this one is and I plan on making something 100 times better. So watch for Dragon Hunter: Legend of the Hidden City, coming sometime in 2011. Hopefully it will live up to your expectations.
Thanks
Steve