Monday, December 28

Bears are Awesome for Christmas

I know that I haven't been blogging but I just returned from the holidays. Here is how it when down.

Friday-Drove up to my Grandma's house and went to church
Saturday-Enjoyed the day, relaxed with family and friends then went home
Sunday-own personal Christmas

It was all pretty cool, I wished for a white Christmas and Santa must have been looking for something to do because now we have about five inches of the white stuff. I even walked the dogs, it wasn't that bad, a little on the cold side mind you be otherwise pretty nice. Making a snowman is still on the list. I would like to make a dragon out of snow but there isn't enough snow for that. 

Oh well....
I also got some amazing Christmas gifts, including a DSi, and a book that I really wanted (that's another post).

But what I wanted to talk about was this book that I got for Christmas. It's called "Bear Portraits" by Jill Greensberg. I spotted the book from a mile away from the center hall. A second later I was enchanted by the pure quality of the bears in the 104 pages book. They were all from such a different perspective then what most people see. Yes, they still have the cute fuzzy teddy bears...



 but they had adult bears, but these weren't the fierce blood thirsty bears that I had to come to know but these were animals with colorful personalities. Some had cheerful looks of glee where others were straight forward look of intelligence.
The straightforward composition allows the mind to draw more than what would otherwise could be over exploited with an merciless touch. The lighting was amazing as well. Its not that I know much about any of this stuff, I just enjoy seeing these bear through some one's eyes who doesn't just see a terrible monster of teeth. That's all. I wish that more people could see what TV and movies have smeared all over our faces until we're blind.

No, I am no saying that if I saw a bear in the wild that I would try to go up to it and pet it. I'm not that dumb, plus, there wouldn't be any more posts. But what I mean to say is to give them a little more respect they have minds and personalities.

That they can think and care. No as much as we, humans can, but to a degree for the creature. Do you see what am saying?


I hope so. Because otherwise I would feel like an idiot. *shrugs* Its a personal opinion. I do love all animals, snakes, spiders and rodents. Things that I have seen girls squeal at and shy away, screaming: "Kill it! Kill it!"

I just don't have that. Usually I would swoop in and save the creature before it would become smosh on the ground because it looks nasty. Nobody can help what they look like, unless your a human and know a plastic surgeon.

But this post isn't about me is it? Nope, its about the bears in the book. They do have standing-being fierce-scary bears, but its an art form. Nobody that's seen the book has gone, "agh! he's scary!" Wanna know why? Because, by the times that they get to the middle of the book where they are they understand a bit more about bears.
So what I meaning to impress on you is that you should go to you nearest bookstore and give it a chance. Why not? Is what I ask you. There is nothing to loose, this is a wonderful book that I think that anybody who likes animals should take a peek.

There is more pictures on Amazon

Brightfrost
ALL THE PHOTOS IN THE POST RIGHTFULLY BELONG TO JILL GREENBERG, AND ARE RESCPECTFULLY POSTED TO SHOW OFF HER AMAZINGNESS.

No comments: