Wednesday, January 6

Holidays Blues

The holidays have wined down and regular life has settled back down. All that built up joy and fun cools down for another year as school/jobs/life begins. Somehow you have to wonder what it would be like if it was one big party all the time. I think that it would get boring after a while.

Doing the same thing over every day has become a comfort. You know what's going to happen every day. It must sound weird. It must sound boring. But I can find time to explore what I really want to do with my life. I thrive on it.


We took down the Christmas tree a few days ago, I took pictures as we were doing it. Wrapping up the lights. Trash bagging up the tree and hauling it up stairs for another year.

Many of the ornaments have stories and ideas attached to them. Some remind me of friends, some who left me behind in the dust to pursue what they wanted to do. Their ornaments that I bought the year before for them now hang on my tree instead of theirs. I still smile as I remember all the good times, though in my heart I still remember the day clearly when I realized that we had drifted apart.

Others better memories, a man made out of multi-colored balls, strung together by metal. Most of the balls cracked or shattered. His printed face still smiling up at me with the same joy. This was the toy that I played with went I was a kid, dancing him up and down the branches of the tree. Meeting new friends, discovering the lights, and even having parties. Nothing sometimes compares to rediscovering what you discovered when you were little.

My time to write is winding down and school is started to glare at me, I better go now!

Brightfrost


No comments: