Saturday, January 9

Food for Thought

Last night I had the best food that I had ever eaten. No, that is not a exaggeration or a myth. It is a cold hard fact. I do count in all those meals that I ate at all those stuffed up fancy restaurants and the wonderful stuff at the ice cream parole that makes that kind of ice cream that just melts in your mouth like no tomorrow. This is what I am talking about. The food that feds the soul, the stuff that you would wish that you could eat after your long past gone. The stuff of legends. This, my friends, is what I am talking about.

Rosemary-Orange Pork Chops and Lemon-Butter Broccoli

Tell me, doesn't that just sound good? I think, it sounds better than anything on a bun. It all started by my mother recruiting me to zest the lemon and the smashing all the juice out. Then watching enchanted at the the oven was filled to the brim with boiling and simmering pots. Their scents dashing throughout the house, carrying the smell of lemon and orange.



Fine kill me if you want. Its a Rachel Ray dish, but I must say. She knows how to make a killer pork chops, yes?

Well after slaving over the zest and juice. I went to work on the parsley. It was so green and vibrant I just had to take a picture of it. I munched on my first (raw) parsley as I happily chopped up the rest. Day dreaming, as an consumer of food would, how all these different things and plants were going to interact. 

The goodies later went in with some rosemary orange concoction and then in the every every end dived in and made a place right next to the chops.



The broccoli (or broccolini depending if your Rachel Ray or not) went through my knife next turning into strips. Then they went and had a dance in some water until they're bright green and just right. Then in some magical way that I didn't catch got infused (is that the right word?) with the lemon zest.

In the end they were a little powerful for me but they still tasted really good.

 

Finally after a few more minutes of me hovering behind my mother asking her, "Will it be ready soon? Will it be ready now?" We sat down and ate the meal. There was no words to describe such a refreshing new meal. So I will give you the picture that will speak a thousand words, then I will go off to skip down some road of any color to daydream of having the Rosemary-Orange Pork Chops and Lemon-Butter Broccoli once again.



No comments: