Tuesday, August 4

Welcome to the Fridge

Yep, welcome to the wonderful world of the fridge. What does this mean you ask? Well....think of it this way...

fridge + a month of food coming in + the return of other pieces of food + fruit + expiration dates
=
Cleaning day


Yes, you heard right. it is the dreaded day...cleaning day *insert screaming and dreadful horror music*. I daunted my best armor and grabbing my best weapon (plastic gloves) I charged into the fridge with an uncaring mood. I didn't know what I was getting into.

I feel bad for myself.

The first thing to strike was the rotten steaks ([all of these are guesses] four weeks of age) I gagged and quickly dragged the trash can and defeated them along with the lettuce (2 weeks), yogurt (2 weeks) and the strawberries (4 weeks).

Then the next monster was the cantaloupe that was residing in the back, brooding. It stank up the whole house that I had to open the windows. DO YOU KNOW WHAT COLOR MOLD GROWS ON CANTALOUPE???? PINK! PINK NASTY STUFF!! I still have a scar.

A half an a hour later I was lying, staring up at the ceiling wondering if i was really done. There was a clean fridge and bursting trash bag (It was burned). I was ssooo happy until I realized that my work was not done, there was a pile of dirty dishes all waiting on the floor to be washed.

Wonderful, just wonderful I thought to myself and grabbed my sponge and got to work. I felt very proud of myself, when I looked back and saw a clean kitchen that was free of any monster of any sort.

Of course that was before I turned around a saw the living room...
but that is another story for another day.
Brightfrost

No comments: