Thursday, May 14

Grey Parrots

This guy made my day!



He speaks so clearly! Here is another video of another grey parrot talking without the words scrolling. Ps. There is more videos of this sorta thing if you click the link after the video is over



this might help, this is what the owner of the video noted: This is our African Grey, Sybil, telling us what she thinks of the world.
This is a selection of her vocabulary...Beneath is a brief transcript of what she says, and a reason she might say it:


Parrot power!
Do you know the way to San Hose? (lalalalalala)
What?
Sybil! (her name)
Who's a pretty girl?
Pippers....? (One of our cockatiels)
Boop! (Our other cockatiel)
Shhhh!
Shut Up!
I got...blue / bird feet! (she had a blue perch that rubbed off blue chalk on her feet, when we discovered we had an African Blue instead of a Grey we decided the perch had to go!)
Drumming (Clicking in time while headbobbing...I'm a drummer, she gets this from me!)
Want chip?
Step up
Wolfwhistle
New bird smell! (What we say when we kiss her on the back)
Chick-chick-chick-chick-chickaleeboo! (random saying we taught her)
Budgie Birds! (She likes 'B' words, we're lucky she didn't use 'b*tch' in this video!)
Kiss? (followed by kissing sound)
Sybil, (will) you be(ing) good?
Hi Boopers
Chickle...
Helloooo
Who's a good girl?
Where's my dinner?
Whatchout! (From the Simpsons movie..whatchout! She is a spiderrrrbird!)
Birdbirdbird (another saying of ours)
Chip?
What happened?
Sybillll
Screeching like the cockateils (You can't miss this)
Come on...come on
Budge!
Is it good? (It's good...)
Give us a kiss
Basket! (Telling my parent's dogs to get in their basket!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aha! That is quite entertaining!
I have always found African Greys as very amazing birds. And they live for what, 100+ years? Amazing.

Sorry if this seems to be a random comment, today is my first day using this website and I decided I would read bits of various different blogs, put in a word or two, and see if I can figure things out.

Have a nice day!