Tuesday, April 14

Triops: Day 1

(yes I know it was the 3rd since I last did anything)

Today I got Triops (little dinos that outlasted the big ones AKA fish). Anyway I have been wanting to try them (just call me a geek now) and a few days ago I went out and got a the eggs. Yay. A paper envelope with enough ink on it for five pages on printed text mind you. So I am going to write about what happens with them. I am sorta excited about it.

First thing on the list is to take the bottled water and dump it in a bowl. Done. Shine a light in the bowl and wait for the water to reach 60-70 degrees. Check. Drop tea thingy in there to do something special to the water and wait four hours. I'm waiting the four hours.

I have been sitting there in my chair watching water for a half an hour. Very boring. Then after the four hours you dump the eggs in and wait ANOTHER 18-30 hours for the eggs to hatch.
this is alot of waiting for me
...
guess what?
I'm STILL WAITING!!!!!!

So I took some pictures:

The (very) thrilling eggs

My model watching the water for me...

we're still waiting.

three hours and twenty-seven minutes to go...

No comments: