Sunday, April 19

Triops: Day Six

Yesterday I went out to our not-so-near-by Hobby Lobby which is an half an hour away! >.< After coming back home I dumped the "teabag" in the water to prepare the water, even though I had kept the old one in there (6:45 PM). Then after an hour I dumped the eggs in and left (7:45). At ten I came back to check on them and I pracitally fell over! After taking a few pictures to just prove that I was awake I stumbled off to bed with the thought that we all get when things go wrong: "I'll deal with it in the morning"

In the tank was a Triop the size of the one that had died a earlier (he was 3 days old)! It's still there and eating all the eggs and hatchings. ITS THE GHOST OF THE DEAD TRIOP! *Que screaming and frantically running people* The other Triop died when I changed out the water in the tank because of algae. It died of moving and the water not being "fixed" by the teabag.

To answer some questions I made this a Q&A

Random Person-RP
Brightfrost-B

RP- wow do you think he stuck to the side of the tank when you cleaned it out?
B-no I really don't think so. When I put in the remaining Triop I am pretty sure that the water was the "kiss" of death. From what I read they are very acute to the water's type and temp.That night that the Triop died I turned off the light at night. It would of "froze" from the lack of heat.

RP-maybe it just had an accelerated growth?
B-I don't know...it hatched and grew to the size of a three day old in two and a half hours? That seems highly unlikely

RP-WOW! What do you think that you are going to do next?
B-Since it's eating I think I'll treat it like it's alive, which it must be. I'll go by the instructions in the pack.

Yeah...anybody think they know what happened?
BF

No comments: